Sunday, September 09, 2012

It's Off To Work I Go


Starting to look for work as a farmer writer. I need to spread the Momish word. I emailed some movie livestock people, you know, the guys who drive carriages in movies and tv. I'm not sure they read or spell, I think their chaps are too tight. I'll probably have to call. But then I picture a life on a movie set sitting around between takes, dressed as a pioneer woman with my team of horses waiting for the next take, talking to guys who spit between every other word or just look at me like "lesbian." I'm not sure anyone would be reading "Pride and Prejudice" and wanting to discuss.

My other options are regular writing work, that's where everyone is smart but I have to work indoors and smell nice. I could still wear my pajamas, which is high on my list of must haves.

I'm sure the right thing is just hanging there, waiting for me to pluck it. Perhaps I have to GROW it, and then REAP it. Create it myself.

No comments: